Monday, September 10, 2007
I finally got a fish done to add to my mermaid challenge.
This is the second one I have done. It certainly turned out better than the 1st one which looked like the "bait" rather than a fish VBG.
I love the title.... "Hey Sailor"....... Makes me smile.
It was a fun challenge but setting up the mermaid wasn't easy since the whole thing had to fit into a regular size brown bag. The big shell I was going to sit her in was just too big. I ended up putting her on a wooden base painted black , with a dowel inserted to prop her against.Covered it with a luscious green metallic fabric, and placed 3 shells on it so I would have someplace to put the fish. This piece did not come easy and I really wasn't
all that happy with the beading but I didn't have time to change it.....c'est la vie..... I guess she had a mind of her own!!!
The judging is next Saturday, Sept 15/07 so will get some pictures of all the entries to show you.