Tuesday, July 7, 2009


When I decided to try this adorable beaded Fairy Charm, I never expected it would take TWO hours, fingers bleeding from being poked with the wire, and a whole lot of frustration!!!!
The first one is always the hardest, and to add to the frustration it was hard to get the wire to go through a bugle bead and size 11 seed bead twice.I used the size 30 wire as per instructions.
I am going to use fireline for the next one and see how that works.......Yes I WILL try again cuase they are so darned cute.


Pat Winter said...

LOL!!! I had to laugh at this. The first time I made these beaded fairies I was showing some girls how to do it. We had quite a time and I wished I had thought of using a beading thread instead of wire. Those thin wires hurt!!!!
Cute fairy.

Micki said...

You may have had trouble making it, but it is beautiful!

Reflections of life and art said...

OUCH.....but she is a beauty and a cleaver idea....I think the thread may be better and easier on the fingers.....thanks for sharing...HUGS!!

TattingChic said...

That is so cute! I hope it was worth the trouble. It sure looks like it was worth it, it's darling! :)

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

I love your little fairy, she is sooooo sweet. And the dragonfly. I think it is looking great. I love dragonflies. I've got that tutorial and one day I'll try it. Sounds like a lot of us have been organizing lately. I just cleaned out my material.
Hope you have a great weekend.