Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THIS AND THAT

HAPPY NEW YEAR



Well Here it is a New Year.... How exciting..... Starting fresh with hopes and dreams..



I had a busy December trying to get all my customers looked after along with some entertaining throughout the holidays...



My only tradition is shortbread that I make . My family would be disappointed if they didn't have that to enjoy with a cup of tea..
I keep trying to make the perfect "runny" butter tart too.. Don't alway succeed but they always taste good.
We had friends and family in for dinner a few times..



DH always does a bit of decorating . I love my grapevine angel. She is covered in white lights and looks so pretty at night. I managed to keep some of the santas that I have made in the past so they always have a special place.




We did have a small tree on the other side of the room but can't find a picture of it.....sigh.
Since we downsized from a big house to a smaller home we don't do that much decorating.
Just enough to celebrate the season.

I made 12 of this Christmas wallhanging for some of my friends. Never got one done for myself.


I made this beaded amulet bag and donated it to a silent auction. The proceeds will go to support Sakura House, a hospice in Woodstock Ontario. It always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to help out where needed.


I have been working on some commisions for some of my customers and will show you those next time..
So,
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by and I wish each and every one a very Happy New Year filled with Peace and Love.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie,nice to see you back Blogging again.Glad you had some happy times over Christmas.Love that beaded bag.aasre you happy in your new home.Did you find it hard to move?
We're in a smaller home too, and it is so much easier to look after.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

~ Happy New Year ~

I love your angel...so pretty. I find our small house complete chaos:)

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with the clean oven! Glad you had a nice Christmas.

BumbleVee said...

Happy New Year Maggie

I love butter tarts...and MUST make them each year or my sister and her husband are shocked not to get them. Maybe next year I'll send her towels... and make them wait til Valentine's day or something.. for a laugh. Try my recipe sometime... If I want to make them a bit runny... I add a big dollop of syrup.. Maple..or Roger's Golden... either one is lovely.

Micki said...

Have a great year Maggie...I love your angel and the bag is so pretty!
Micki

Unknown said...

Your cookies look wonderful, I had a pretty good christmas but didn't really do any baking for once.

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Hi Maggie, Happy New Year Friend such a lovely post. Sending you warm winter wishes and know I am thinking of you.

Timaree said...

Happy New Year! (It's still January so I think I can still say that). I finally got home after a very long holiday with family and am trying to catch up with blogger pals.

Your cookies look great (I just pat mine into a circle and cut wedges - lazy me, lol). I've never heard of runny tarts. What is their flavor? Are they a custard of sorts?