Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CATCHING UP



It has been too long between posts and I am sorry.

I have been so busy preparing for upcoming events.


The Spring Quilt Retreat is fast approaching as well as the studio tour the 1st of May.


I have been trying to get some things done for the sale.....BUT!............................


I have taken time to just enjoy some quiet time to myself and this is it.


I have really enjoyed learning traditional rug hooking... Shading is the hardest and most challenging but I thought I may as well try to master that right from the start. This is the rug I am working on. I cannot tell you how many times I have ripped out and started again , but I need to get the right feel of it..I am happy with the results so far It is a fairly large rug, 3'x4'.. The centre will be off white as you can see the outline around the flowers.I treated myself to a beautiful hooking frame with gripper strips all around the edge to hold the linen taut. I love the stand as it takes the weight off my lap as I hook.. Anyway.. so much for the pension cheque this month
I had to put it aside for awhile as I got an infection in my thumb!!! Spent 8 hours in emerge for that.. Read a whole book...Oh Dear! Don't know how I got the infection but it is OK now.

So that is it for now.

I'm off to the city to run a few errands so will catch you later.

Thanks so much for stopping by and please say hi if you can. It means so much






10 comments:

Dolores said...

It's nice to learn something new. I haven't knit in years and have now taken it up again. Great to do while watching TV in the evenings.

Maggie R said...

Hi Dolores,
Yes I know what you mean...
Knitting is great as you can take it with you as well....The only think I am very good at are socks!!LOL
Thanks for stopping by,
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Cotton Picker said...

Hi Maggie:
You're off to a great start. That rug is going to be beautiful when it's finished. Good for you for taking on such a challenge. :)

Colleen said...

Maggie,
8 hours in emerg! That's nuts. I hope it was a good book. The rug hooking looks great but very ambitious - way to go!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Maggie I was learning rug hooking way back when I was pregnant and the Dr. advised me to stop until the baby was born. My tummy kept getting in the way. Never finished that rug.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Have a wonderful retreat learning new skills and being with friends. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

You are an amazing women!

shared exchange hosting said...

The rug hooks looks fab!!!

Maggie R said...

Hi dear friends...
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.
Yes it was a great book Colleen.
It was about Queen Victoria's children.. Very intriguing..
Funny thing was I bought the hard coveed book on the cheap table at the library to gut it and do an altered journal. When I scanned it I found it very interesting... A very good read for a very cheap price..(10 cents) Now I can get on with the altered journal,

Sharon I smiled about you trying to rug hook with a baby in the way!!! LOL
I have lots more to tell you but I should go.More later... and big news...with pics.
BTW I awakened to hear a familiar bird singing.. when I looked out the window there was a robin singing in the birdbath..... YEAH!!!!Let's break open the spring clothes!
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

JennaLouiseCreates said...

I love rug hooking, just starting to learn myself:) Stop over to my blog for a give-a-way...thanks for being such a good blogging friend!

Prayer Shawls 2011 said...

Gorgeous rug -- your shading is fantastic -- also love your new frame -- remember the lovely little blue doll you sent me? I took to to the prayer shawl crochet class I was giving -- it is so lovely and I love it so much -- it has had a place of honor ever since I received it ages ago -- anyway, at class we were talking about "healing" colors and the doll was a perfect example. Friendships are so special -- and I treasure ours.