Thursday, April 7, 2011

CATCHING UP

Hello Dear Friends, Here I am at last. I have been so busy. The Studio Tour for Artists of Oxford County is fast approaching and I have been working hard on my ideas. There will be a "Sneak Peek" on Friday for all the artists involved. I will post pics of that on the week-end. This is an Embroidered box that was so much fun to make. It is a pale green silk with a deep purple silk lining.Each section is 4"x5"and is embellished with other bits of silk and beads. The color is not showing up but I think it gives you an idea. I plan to do some more of these boxes. They have been so much fun.


Since it is the "Year of the Rabbit" I wanted to do some of these pincushions.. It measures 4" x 6" and is mounted on a wooden pedestal.
The cat is adorable too and it measures 8"x6". They are both made from the beautiful wool I use for rug hooking ($24.00 and yard! yikes, but I thought they were worth the best). The white patches are hand sewn on with the buttonhole stitch.

The wooden pedestals I finish with a white paint with gold accents.

They are stuffed tight as a drum and can be used as a soft sculpture piece or a pin cushion.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest effort.

Now I am off to a meeting and then back to my studio to work.

It is starting to look like spring, the birds are singing, it is a sunny day and NO SNOW!!!! yeah!

5 comments:

DVArtist said...

Everything is lovely. The rabbit is just too cute.
Nicole/Beadwright

Dolores said...

You have been keeping busy. Love those pincushions and the embroidered box.

Judy S. said...

The box is beautiful, Maggie, and I love your pin cushions, especailly the cat.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Ohmygoodness! Those boxes and pincushions are just beautiful! I love the rabbit best as I'm a rabbit lover from way back! Adorable!
So lovely to hear from you!
Sending you some BIG HUGS!
Coralie

Wildflowerhouse said...

Oh the box is gorgeous, the bunny to cute for words and the cat is hilarious. Love them all. You are a go getter Maggie!