Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Doll Progress

Here is as far as I am with the doll.
I need to finish her surcoat next. I'm using a pale lavender dupionni silk. Once I get the skirt finished  and attatch it to the top I will put some white fur resembling ermine all around the bottom. The poor darling reallyt need her hair done soon!,
I had a real snicker doing her eyes.
I had the eyelids on backwards.. Looked like little baseball caps! VBG
Thank goodness I got my head around that one!!
Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, I LOVE this doll...her expression is a lovely soft one.Love that skirt too..can't wait to see her finished.

Fran said...

Can't wait to see her finished. Love the expression on her face.
Hugs,Fran

Colleen said...

Maggie,
She is looking really sweet so far! But I know, they do look a bit sad when they are bald don't they?

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh she's fabulous!!!! You are so talented!

Mama Pea said...

Your doll is looking great! Mine's done except for the braid/veil on her head and the stitchery. I need to find some of that Krienik braid. Have to order some. That's what's holding me up!