Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Latest Adventure

Aren't these the cutest?!
I am in love with anything miniature and since I am into making journals right now I decided to do some mini journals and make them into a keychain...
I used some leather for the covers and the closures and added a wee bead
The yellow one is 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" and the brown one is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".I am using cold press watercolor paper and for the small ones it is a bit hard to work with due to the thickness.. however I did manage to get 25 pages in there. Room for many little thoughts .

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Impressive mini books! Given the thickness of the paper, you were really masterful to get 25 pages. Nicely done.

Fran said...

Love your little journals. They are wonderful.
Fran

Maggie R said...

Thank you ladies for looking at my journals and leaving such inspirational comments. I love when you do that:)
I made two more mini journals and I finally sewed in the signatures to the big ones. I am off to my fibre arts club but will post pictures when I get home later to-day. It is going to be 33C to-day feeling more like 40c with the humidity so I am happy to stay inside:)
Have a great day

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wonderful wee books - I made one once and swore I'd never try that again. Kudos to you for doing so many!

Wildflowerhouse said...

OMG! These are so adorable. I would think they would be hard to make. So tiny, oh my!!!!!
Yes bambi eats my garden but was so regal I let him stay for awhile. Noticed the day-lilies had been de-flowered. LOL I did caligraphy many moons ago and am a bit rusty with it.

Lilla said...

My goodness, what great art, you must have eyesight to match.
I have enjoyed seeing the booklace, thanks Maggie
aloha Lilla

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh these are too cool! I've been wanting to make some! Did you do coptic binding? Surely not, they're so small...

Mama Pea said...

miniature+journal=awesome! I love both miniatures and journals! So cool, Maggie!