Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fairy Shoes




This is my latest beading project. I wanted some special shoes for a fairy doll I am working on... Aren't they just the "Cutest' ;-}
The gals over at Fibre Art Traders had this as one of their fun trades. I wasn't able to take part at the time but was itching to make them and I finally did!!
I used ultra suede for the shoe. When I finished the beading the threads showed so I ended up lining them with the same ultrasuede. Small things take LONG time as they are so fiddly.(is that a word??!! ;-}

7 comments:

Doreen K. said...

Hi, I am so glad you are doing so much better. I love the fairy slippers you made. I don't know if I could work on something that
fiddly. And yes I think that a good word. Works for me. Wishing for you continued wellness.

Barbara said...

I love these little sweet shoes. I look forward to seeing them on your doll. I also have been wanting to make some and now that I have seen yours, I am inspired!
Glad to see you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

What lovely shoes. Any fairy would be proud to wear them.

Glad that you are feeling better.

God bless.

Doreen K. said...

Hi Maggie, Thanks for your comment on my blog. I hand stitch the tyvek down. Love that stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love these-do you have any in my size? I promise-they won't be so fiddley! Size eleven. LOL.
I posted a comment a couple of days ago-and it is gone!

KV said...

Oh, I love those fairy shoes! Welcome back, Maggie -- it's great to see you doing again . . .


Kathy V in NM

Cindibee said...

Those are the most beautifully awesomely gorgeous little slippers! I am very very impressed! ...and a little jealous!